An evening at Worli


As I stand here, all alone
All by self and away from 'home'

Sea of people, sea of life
Some making memories 
Some bidding the time

A musky smell comes by the sea side
Failing to leave a mark
Failing to make any stride

A wind of suspicion blows through my hair
I often wonder when will it disappear

Sea of thoughts, questions of every kind
They often seek some answers
They often tingle my mind

Like the musky smell of the sea
Questions come and questions flee
Most of them don't leave a mark
But the thought thereafter leaves me in dark

Then I remember one golden line
A priceless virtue that transcends the time 
Words of great Tennyson puts me back in the 'field'
I pledge not to bow down, I pledge not to yield 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

অন্য জগৎ

Is it about the place or the people?